Saturday, May 28, 2011

Flower Tutorial

 



 In my travels this week I came across a tutorial for the cute flower Heather used on this ATC.  I asked her if I could share it here and yes has agreed....so here it is

***********************************************************************


I thought it would be easier to explain in pictures how I made it, so put together a little photo tutorial on the process. The flowers are really easy to make and can be made with just small pieces of fabric - I hope you give them a try!

Cut 5 circles of the same size out of fabric. I used my Cuttlebug which made it really quick.


Fold each fabric circle in half.


Fold in half again.


Using a running stitch sew along the curved side, a little bit down from the raw edge.



Add the next petal to the length of thread using a running stitch.



Continue adding petals with the running stitch until all five petals have been added. As you can see you don't have to be fussy about doing even stitches!


Holding the two ends of the thread, pull tightly to gather the petals together and knot 3\4 times.


Snip the ends of the thread and add a button, large gem or yo yo to the centre to cover up the raw edges.

 

Isn't this just the cutest ever... thanks Heather for sharing.

6 comments:

Pajalu said...

What a great tutorial Dawn. Thanks so much for doing this :D xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

beautiful flower.nice explanation.thanks 4 sharing

Arlene said...

Even I can handle this sewing... hehehe... I love it. Thank you all so much for sharing.

MarcyK924 said...

Cute and easy, how cool!! Thanks Dawn!!

Unknown said...

Wow this is fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing, and helping with the blogging since I am so busy.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your flower! great tutorial! thanks so much for sharing. I am going to try it!!