Thursday, June 16, 2016

Guest Designer Collette Mitrega

We are incredibly honored to have Guest Designer Collette Mitrega joining us this month.
Collette is a member of the Kaisercraft Design Team and she has graciously allowed us to peek into her corner of the world.
 Here are the answers to the questions we always want to know:

How long have you been a papercrafter and when did you get started?
Oh! now I will be giving away my age! I saw my first stamp demo at a craft show in the 70's and I have been hooked ever since

What is your favourite type of papercrafting, card making, scrapbooking, mixed media etc?
Card making is number one with scrapbooking being a close second! But I do love anything that involves pretty paper!

How would you describe your style?
Eclectic - a bit of everything. Having taught for over 15 years I have tried most things and love lots. I switch happily from sweet and simple to messy and grungy!

Do you like to follow sketches, yours or others or do you dive right in?
I tend to dive right in. The paper gives me a direction and I play, move things around a bit, add a little something here and there and then it just happens.

How often do you get to craft?
I craft every day. You will always find me 'playing' well into the wee hours of the morning. I work during the day in an amazing craft shop (which I own!) in Hervey Bay Queensland (Australia) - The Arts and Crafts Superstore! Although I don't create during the day, I certainly get inspired as I talk to wonderful customers and see new product arriving!

What is your favourite tool (what can't you create without) and why?
I must say I do love my Kaisercraft Paper Trimmer. I love that it is slightly bigger than most. As well as cutting straight, it can be used to measure, cut creative lines, score and so much more.

What is your favourite technique?
I love Die cutting and embossing - what a great way to step up the look of a card!

What at the moment is your most favourite thing to do on a project?
I love to spritz a little and use texture paste and stencils, such nice messy fun!

Have you been published or are you on a Design Team, when and where?
Most months I can be found in a magazine. I feel very honored to be on the Design Team for Practical Publishing International which publishes many magazines including the wonderful Australian Simply Cards. I have also been on the Kaisercraft Design Team for the past two years and I love it! It is such a fabulous team and I get to play with amazing products!

Describe or if possible supply pictures of your crafting area.
 I have just recently moved from my lovely home and as we build our new one, we have rented a small house close to my shop. Here is a pic of my old work area. I have a large room dedicated to craft so I could spread out, more often that not, it was extremely messy!
Usually you cannot see my desk when I am working!
Do you have a blog? If not where can we see more of your fabulous creations?
Blog: Lillybits
My You tube Channel which has over 30 card making videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtqz4jv6k3hxSIuoc3A9D8g

and of course here are just a few of Collette's favourites 




Collette will be back later in the month with a card making video but until then check out her blog, you tube channel and of course Kaisercrafts blog here for more inspiration.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so privileged here in Hervey Bay to have Collette teach and guide us in many classes on scrap booking, always introducing new techniques, making beautiful cards and getting messy with mixed media. Collette is one very talented lady!

Mary said...

I had never done any scrap booking until I moved to Hervey Bay and found Collette's classes. Collette is always full of ideas and yes, very talented. We love having her here!

Amanda Baldwin said...

Yay Collette! Absolutely STUNNING creations and such an enormous fan of yours! Beautiful projects xx

Unknown said...

Collette is such a lucky lady. She always has so many avid students in her class wanting to learn all the many wonderful techniques she is willing to share. Collette is truly inspirational and no class is the same.

Michelle N. said...

Such swoon worthy creations, I wish I could take her classes!

Cindy C. said...

Wow gorgeous project Collette! Great interview, so nice to meet you even it is online.

Arlene said...

I love the collection of Copic markers I see and hope she soon has a new home for all her crafty things. Beautiful cards. What a wonderful treat to read a bit about you.