Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Capturing a scene in a Reverse Die-Cut

Hi  all...  today I'm going to share a card with you created by Arlene.


and here's how Arlene did this.


"My first card for Die Cut Divas March challenge used a round die-cut with a Hero Arts background stamp, but here is the reverse die-cut framing a scene... a bit on the vintage side, but with a modern city skyline.  I truly hate to tell you how this card came about, but oh well.

I was cleaning my desk and packing random pre-cut images, such as Newspaper buildings and digi vintage autos.  A cloud even stole across the landscape of my desk.  Since the sun is popping out here with 70 degree Fahrenheit weather, I couldn't resist some sun peeking out in cardland.  The "note" panel was a left-over from something (don't ask me what because I don't know) and needed to be used.  It came together nicely.  

The reverse die-cut is raised on pop-dots with some of the buildings on glue dots connected to the reverse die (not the note card) and a few of the images dotted on the paper.  It makes for a nice depth separation.  I am looking at it on my desk and still wondering who created this... it couldn't be me,"

 Thanks Arlene for providing even more wonderful inspiration this month.  So don't forget to link up your GREEN cards HERE

cheers
Dawn and the DCD team

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, Arlene!! I love it when serendipity steps in and becomes a muse. :)

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful card, Arlene! Thank you for sharing it with use!